PLYMOUTH, Mich. – The regional lead that began at the first show and continued throughout the entire regular season, culminated with a regional high point title after the final regular show of the season for the Albion varsity hunt seat team.
Those that greatly contributed to the day's success included the following:
- Jackson Regen: 1st place intermediate flat
- Sienna Mendina: 2nd place intermediate flat|
- Claire Tillman: 2nd place novice fences
- Paige Beliveau: 2nd place novice fences
- Caroline Bearss: 1st place novice flat|
- Melanie Fodera: 3rd place walk/trot
Albion finished fourth in the Feb. 15 show, but it was enough to maintain the lead and walk away as regional champions for the second year in a row. And for the second time ever, this qualifies the whole team to move onto the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association zone championships. Before that, they will compete at the regional championships on March 1 where some Briton riders will have an opportunity to advance to zones as individuals, too.