HOLLAND, Mich. – The Albion College volleyball team completed action in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Preview on Saturday.
Hope d. Albion (29-27, 25-20, 18-25, 25-13)
Hope subdued a feisty Albion squad after being extended in the first set and losing the third set.
Katie Rietberg, Hope's senior outside hitter, collected 28 kills, most by a Division III student-athlete in a four-set match this season. She hit .385 with just three errors in 65 attacks.
Albion had a number of standout performances, as well.
- Kate Winter, a sophomore outside hitter from White Lake, Mich., collected a season-high 12 kills.
- Chloe Webber, a first-year outside hitter from Marshall, Mich., completed her first double-double at the collegiate level with 11 kills and 20 digs.
- Taylor Rosenthal, a senior middle blocker from Vicksburg, Mich., hit .524 with 11 kills in 21 attacks.
- Marie Pregenzer, a senior middle blocker from Kalamazoo, Mich., also reached double figures in kills with 11.
- Monica Shuk, the senior libero from Milford, Mich., collected a season-high 25 digs. It was her third match of the season with at least 23 digs.
- Grace VanDorn, the sophomore setter from West Aurora, Ill., completed her second double-double of the season with 32 assists and 16 digs. The 16 digs were a season-high.
Albion d. Kalamazoo (25-13, 25-9, 25-17)
Albion hit a season-best .392 to earn the victory.
- Rosenthal hit .560 with 15 kills
- Pregenzer hit .684 with 13 kills. She also served up two aces and helped with three block assists.
- VanDorn completed her third double-double of the season with 40 assists and 13 digs.
- Shuk came up with 16 digs to move her past 1,800 for her career (1,812).
Next up for Albion is a Tuesday non-league match at Anderson (Ind.) University.
Follow Albion volleyball on Twitter (@AlbionVball) and Instagram (albionvball) and like our Facebook page (Facebook.com/albionvball) to keep up to date with everything about Briton volleyball