ALBION, Mich. – The Albion College men's lacrosse program recognized 10 seniors before its Saturday game against Kalamazoo College, and many of those seniors took the lead in boosting the Britons to a 15-3 victory.
Consider the seniors output:
- John Cooke and Brandon Lebioda scored two goals each
- Charlie Hermes added a goal. It was his first goal of the season, and the third of his collegiate career.
- Aaron McCann dished out three assists
- Dave Brown and Harrison Palmer dished out two assists each
- Matt Lowes scooped five ground balls
- Brandon Tata collected five saves
- Kyle DeCamp was credited with causing a pair of turnovers
Not to be outdone, the underclassmen produced, as well:
- Scott Shepard, a sophomore, scored on two of his three shots on goal. He added three assists and a ground ball
- Alec Palmer, a sophomore, scored on both of his shots on goal. He added two assists and was credited with causing three turnovers
- Chase Palmer, a sophomore scored on both of his shots on goal. He also scooped a ground ball
- Paul Lewis, a junior, and Jacob Swift, a sophomore, added a goal each
- Brady Lawrence, a first-year student, dished out an assist
- Quinn Dobrzelewski, a first-year student, won the faceoff 63 percent of the time (12-of-19) and collected nine ground balls.
Albion, winners of five in a row, will compete for first place in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association when it plays host to Hope College on Tuesday. Faceoff is set for 7 p.m.