DELAWARE, Ohio – Albion College collected 75 points to finish fifth in the Marv Frye Invitational.
- Kejuan Fraizer won the shot put with his collegiate best effort (51' 5 ¾"). It ties him for ninth on the Division III performance list at this point of the season
- Jephte Jean-Claude led the jumpers when he won the 110-meter hurdles (15.36) and sailed 44' 8 ¼", good for second place in the triple jump
- Aaron Weimer achieved a collegiate best (15:30.86) in winning the 5,000 meters
- Kiehl Smith scored third place in the 800 (1:56.86)
- Albion is excited for the opportunity to compete at home on Friday. The Britons will host a meet against athletes from Alma College and Olivet College.
Joe and Julie Serra have given a $5 million leadership gift to launch a fundraising initiative to make two dreams a reality at Albion College. The first is a newly expanded fitness and student activity facility at the site of the current Dow Recreation and Wellness Center. The second is a new or renovated competition facility for the volleyball, men's basketball and women's basketball that currently call Kresge Gymnasium home.
The College is continuing to raise funds in support of both projects. To learn more, call 517/629-0446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.